Saturday 19 October 2013

Sight Seeing 1: lost- worth reading all. Trust me

Hey guys,

WARNING: EXTRA LONG POST
Don't be discouraged by its length.

Today is officially the longest day of my life. I met up with two of my friends at 11:00am so we could go to the cathedral and the Tate Modern to take photographs for our artwork. That was probably the least complicated part of our trip. So ...I don't even know where to start. We took a bus, two stops to the cathedral and started walking. We were really deep into the area when my friends' camera stopped working because of the batteries, so we basically had to wonder around for ten minutes looking for a shop that sold batteries (IK, you would have thought that every shop sold batteries).
     
 After we bought some batteries, it was raining so we went into the cathedral. That was alright because we wanted to get some images of the stained glass windows anyway. Bare in mind that this is a Saturday morning, so we walk into the cathedral and there is a service going on. Turns out that some people are being accepted into the church, so we have to sit at the back. Things get really awkward really fast when we start taking the pictures because all you can hear in the, otherwise silent, cathedral is *click* *click*.
          Now picture us outside again (I know you can't because you don't know what I look like, but use your imagination- be generous). Anywhoo, we were walking along and saw this accordion player with the BLUEST of eyes, I mean I could literally swim in them. We gave him a pound (money, not a beating) and told him how great he was, then he blushed (I think). 
          
 Stay with me- I'm not even half way through the story yet. Moving on from the accordion player, I almost died. Yep, you heard right. A car was coming around the corner but I wasn't looking- luckily my friend (who always seams to be around at these crucial times) saved my butt.
After my near death experience, we wen't into the market and it was pretty darn crowded. The crowd slowly drifted away but it turns out that that wasn't a good thing because there was this drunk man that approached me, and our conversation went like this:

Man: (In a slurred voice) Have you got money?
Me: No, sorry
Man: Oh, Your very beautiful by the way
(That's when I ran for the hills)

Moving on, we stopped to pose in front of this really neat looking ship, when this random man appeared and started talking to my friend (aka photograph taker at the time). He tried to give her a hug, and was getting 'all up in her grill' (cue laughter) whilst we were standing there, awkwardly posing- not to worry, it turns out that he was her uncle.

I'm going to sum up the rest of our journey. Basically, we walk around for four hours trying to find the Tate Modern. We find a wishing fountain; make a wish then move on. Then we find the Tate FINALLY but only spend an hour there because we're tired. We buy a cup-of-nuts but it tastes disgusting and is a total waste of £2. We eventually end up going home at seven pm with over 500 photographs.


Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM...

I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they're like 'Hey, what are you doing here?' I tell them 'You know.. hunting elephants.' Anonymouscoolfunnyquotes

No comments:

Post a Comment