Wednesday 15 January 2014

Emmanuel Jal

Hey guys,

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of meeting Emmanuel Jal. I got to shake his hand and take pictures with him. He is not a celebrity, but people still wanted his autograph. I don't blame them though. His life story is pretty inspirational. He used to be a child soldier in South Sudan and is now a singer/ songwriter and a rapper who sung in a song with Alicia Keys and is filming a movie with Reese Witherspoon. His story is pretty gruesome and he spoke about people (not him) turning to cannibalism, but he managed to escape and has now (basically) dedicated his life to helping bring attention to the others that were and still are in that position. The weirdest thing is, I watched his documentary a few weeks ago (I was reluctant because I wanted to watch How I met your mother and I didn't know what it was about) but by the time I had finished watching I was inspired. The two things that stuck out to me about him 1. His crazy dancing 2. His story.



Fact about him: Jal's third album, Warchild, was released by Sonic360 Records in the UK on May 12, 2008. Jal, along with an all-star line-up featuring Amy WinehouseEddy GrantWill Smith and others, performed songs at Nelson Mandela's 90th Birthday concert at London's Hyde Park on June 27, 2008.


Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

Education is the only solution for peace.
Emmanuel Jal 

No comments:

Post a Comment