Thursday 27 February 2014

School, Grades, Parties and Birthdays

Hey guys,

Today is my sisters' 16th birthday!!!! Which has been really amazing so far because she had a party (which I technically wasn't invited to, but it's my house too, so I hung around).... But I'll get to that later.

Today was one of the most dreaded days in the academic year for most of the students my age- Parents evening. I stayed behind after school for one and a half hours. I think it's safe to say that it was one of the most frantic hours of my life. It started off with four of us playing a very civilized uncivilized game of snap. That was just the beginning. The next thing I know, we're playing a game of PIG (which is a card game...too long to explain). Whilst playing this, two more people joined in on the game. Then out of nowhere popped the school janitor, she's kind of cool, suggesting that we raise the stakes of our game.
She left the room and came back with a small HUGE bowl of coins. She claimed she had found them over the years and said that we could borrow them to use as money in the game. It was pretty cool. It was like the pg version of.... I don't know... But please remind me NEVER to play snap with a bunch of girls EVER AGAIN! It was crazy, I felt like WW3 was happening in that room. You had girls screaming, clawing, pushing, shoving and snatching. It was complete mayhem.

Back to the (second) main subject of today. Parents evening. I personally don't see the big deal in freaking out about it (give or take a few subjects), because overall, I think my results were pretty damn good especially compared to some of the grade reports that I saw. Some people got D'sand E's. I literally had to pick my jaw up off of the ground. How can people not care about what they get? Most people probably think that I'm not THAT SMART, but I am. In fact, I think I'm going to tell you what I got:


         Subject                                                                          Current grade                   Predicted grade
  • Maths..........................................................................   A                                            A
  • Science........................................................................   A/A*                                      A*
  • Art..............................................................................    A/A*                                      A*
  • Geography...................................................................   A                                            A*               
The crazy thing is that I'm not even lying! Give or take one or two subjects, I'm a straight A student! Who would have thunk it?! I guess some revising does pay off after all. 
As you can see, there are a few subjects missing, like English, (which I got a B in) but that's just because my teacher was angry with me when she was writing up our reports, she told me that herself. Ohh well, you win some and you loose some.

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.
Voltaire


No comments:

Post a Comment