Wednesday 19 March 2014

Calm before the storm

Hey guys,

I'll try and be as brief as possible.

So, on Saturday I went out with fourteen of my mates to celebrate both my and my, and my friends' fifteenth birthday. This year we decided to have a joined dinner outing, which  we've both agreed is the best thing to do because no-one wants to pay double the amount they have to, at Belgium restaurant in convent garden..

In the beginning, there was stress.
          Thirteen of us met at school around 4:30 but two girls decided (last minute) that they were going to meet us at the venue, so I was like "okay, see you there". First mistake of the day. we arrived at Trafalgar square at 5:00 which meant that we had half an hour to get to the restaurant and be on time for our reservation. And they called to say that they were lost. Why ask to meet up somewhere if you don't know where the place is? How does that even make sense?
Twenty-five minutes later, after our multiple attempts to phone them and find out where they were, we made the decision to leave without them (you can't blame us, they knew that our reservation was at 5.30 ). Anywhoo, we had five minutes left so we sprinted to the restaurant (in dresses, heels and everything!) They finally found their way to the restaurant and boy was I mad. The thing that pissed me off was that they didn't even apologize for being 30mins late, they just walked on in and ordered.

Moving on. The perverts. Why are there perverts EVERYWHERE?
We had just finished eating our main, and my friend said "wow, I'm surprised this birthday is soo calm" I responded saying "the nights, not over yet, there is always drama, this is just the calm before the storm". She didn't believe me, but low and behold, six men walked into the restaurant and sat down at the table opposite us.

The tables there were lined up weirdly.
their table (H) and chairs were like this: | H |      and our table was like this:  ------------
                                                            | H |                                                HHHHHH
                                                                                                                  ------------
Instead of them sitting at the table like normal people, they all decided to squash up onto one side of the table, so they were all facing us. Who does that? We thought it was weird, but we just ignored it because we just thought that they were weird. In a way, we were kind of right. For the next ten minutes, the men were string at us and making really inappropriate comments like:

  • "Which one do you like?" 
  • "There's 12 of them, so we get to have two each" 
After fifteen more minutes (I think) of listening to their creepy conversation about us, my friend lost it. She went up to them and started shouting something along the lines of "Back off! we're fifteen, what the hell is wrong with you?" After she said this, she was shaking (with fright) because she thought that the men were going to stalk her after we left. They didn't do that, but they did bite back saying things along the lines of (I'm changing some of the words so keep things PG) "What the flip are you talking about? And if your all flipping fifteen then why don't you flipping act and dress your age?". I don't know what he was talking about, if someone was dressed like a __ (you can fill in the blank) I would have said something about it. Trust me.
At this point, everyone was freaked out and scared, so we gathered our things and began  to leave the restaurant.

On our way out, I heard three of the men saying
"They're going, quick! We have to divide and enter" I personally don't know what they meant by that, but I have a strong feeling that I really don't want to find out.
We roamed the streets for lord knows how long, but ended up in McDonald's buying McFlurry for dessert.

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

I consider myself a crayon, I might not be your favorite color but one day you'll need me to complete your picture. Savannah Highnote

No comments:

Post a Comment