Monday 7 July 2014

Paris was great and all but...

Hey guys,



I'm not sure whether I mentioned this in my last post or not, but I have decided to post a minimum of twice every week. I'm thinking of doing Mondays and Fridays, but knowing me I'd end up procrastinating/forgetting or being too lazy to do anything and not follow up on that schedule.

Alrighty, back to the main reason I'm posting. I recently went to Paris, France on a school trip from Last Monday to Saturday and I would love to say it was awesome -but then I'd be lying. I would say it was a bitter-sweet experience. All I can say is Thank God that wasn't my first time visiting Paris. We spent most of our days walking until our feet bled (just kidding), then we'd have a five minute break and then walk some more.



This was basically our morning routine: Get woken up at 7:30am, breakfast at 8:30am, 9:30am go to the store to buy food for lunch, walk/take train to wherever, eat at 12pm, walk and take more trains, eat dinner at french restaurant (lord knows what time we did this, i'm just going to say 7pm) then lights out at 10:30pm.



I love my family and all, but I'd have to say that going on holiday with your friends is waay better than going with your family, simply because you get to bond with each other and you are all the same age so there aren't any parents nagging you to do whatever and you get to play pranks on/dare each other. Example 1) we were all put into in rooms of two when we got there, so we played a team chubby bunny challenge. The rules were; each room had to nominate a member to do the chubby bunny challenge and the person who fits the least amount of marshmallows in their mouth loses, which means both them and their roommate had to get waxed twice. It was hilarious. I nominated my roommate Zoe to do it and we WON! woo-freaking-hoo. I took it upon myself to personally rip the wax off of the losers and I made sure I did it as slowly as possible.



Oh and whoever said that the French were lovers LIED big time. If you are looking for a quick but painful death, just attempt to cross the streets of Paris. That was a complete nightmare in itself.They are an Impatient breed of people- seriously. Crossing the street was literally a life and death experience. The cars would drive regardless of the pedestrian crossings or red lights, so we basically had to sprint from one end of the street to the another. On the last day, after we bought our lunch, we went on this carousel thing (you know, the ones with the horses that go around in a circle) and I accidentally left my lunch on my horse. Soo annoying, then I went back but someone had already STOLEN IT! so I had to sit down and watch everyone else eat (fyi my friends offered me food, but i said no. I didn't want them to sacrifice their food for me).

Highlights of the trip:

  • Witnessing a Crow eat a Pigeon
  • Being attacked by pigeons
  • Taking a selfie with a clown
  • Being called 'baby' and being told 'i love you' by a random stranger
  • going up the Eiffel tower
  • Seeing the Mona Lisa at the Louvre
  • and all of the other good stuff I've accidentally missed out of this
  • An old man trying to convince me to buy a condom, even though I told him I was only 15
p.s. Paris was Good, but the shopping in London is 1000 times better

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..


I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Winston Churchill

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! }|{

    ReplyDelete