Friday 1 August 2014

Arts Evening

Hey guys,

I just found this post that I'd typed up and I was supposed to post it on the second to last Friday of school. Whoops?

A few Fridays ago was 'Arts Evening' in my school. I usually don't go, or even acknowledge it, but this year was different. My art teacher suggested that we went, but I told her that I would only attend if she payed for my ticket, so she payed for the tickets of some on my friends (Zoe, Kayleigh, Neriah, Maya and cheyene) and I. School normally finishes around 3:30pm but the event didn't start until 6:00pm, so being the lazy people we are, Zoe and I decided to stay in school until 6pm whilst the rest of them went home. The one problem with our plan was the fact that we didn't have any food left on us, so I asked Kayleigh to bring some snacks back from her house when she came back.

An hour later, we were soo hungry and Kayleigh wasn't coming for the next two hours, so Zoe and I decided to go downstairs and help out with the setting up of everything in the hopes of scoring some free food. That didn't work out well. They charged us money for everything, even if you were a part of the show. That failed, so we decided to actually help out by standing at the entrance and letting students pass in and out of school. Then we started joking around with some students, telling them that "the price of entry is food". Most of them just laughed or gave us weird looks, but then we had a lucky break with a student from year nine, she gave us a chocolate bar. Then there was this sixth former who was leaving and we told her that we'd only let her back in if she bought us something from the corner shop (we said it in a joking way, we were laughing whilst talking) she said okay and left. Ten minutes later, we thought that she lied to us and left to go home, but then she came back in, holding a giant pack of Haribos. We said thank you and waited for her to leave before we just stared at each other frozen in shock with "that just happened" expressions on our faces.

Altogether, we were gifted: a jumbo packet of Haribo, Twix bars, sweets, Pringles and a few chocolates. Oh, and some teachers bought us cakes and whatnot.

The moral of the story is always bring snacks when you're staying after school. I'm kidding, although that's some really good advice, I think the true moral of the story is to share and be kind. Just because we you might not know someone, doesn't mean that you can't help them out.

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food"
-George Bernard Shaw


No comments:

Post a Comment