Friday 22 August 2014

Skateboarding

Hey guys,

I think we've all established how lousy I am at posting on time, so this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Two weeks ago I took it upon myself to learn how to skateboard, this was very difficult considering that I don't own one, but my friend-

I feel like, instead of saying "my friend" I should actually say their names because it's incredibly difficult to tell a story, especially when it involves multiple friends. I probably end up sounding like this "My friend took be to convent garden for my birthday. Whilst there we bumped into my other friend. She said that she just finished having dinner with my other friend".

-Maya, thank God, does own a skateboard, so she offered to teach me and our other friend Kim-anh how to skate in the park near her house. I'd say I'm a pretty quick learner because I mastered riding after only (what felt like) five minutes.

After messing around for a while in the secluded park, we decided that I was Pro enough to take it to the next level. Riding in a public space, so we waited at the bus stop (making noise as usual). Whilst joking around, the inevitable happened. A drunk guy sitting at the stop started mumbling things. At first,  we assumed that he was talking to himself but as he went on it became evident that he was talking to us. His slur went something along the lines of this:


  • "Stupid kids are getting on my nerves"
  • "stfu"
  • "Go away you £%%&$%^ kids"
Kim-anh has this thing where she laughs when she's nervous, so she was in hysterics, which made me start laughing too, this only angered the man so we started having a little fun with him. 
  • "Yeah, go and call your dad...£&*^*%..stupid kids"
I think at that point we'd all established that we were just a bunch of "stupid kids".

I've come to the realization that drunk old men might be drawn to me. Seriously, do you remember when I posted about getting lost in London? There was that scary, old drunk guy that was trying to hit on me. Unlike the last time, I actually took a  few pictures of this guy when the bus was pulling away from the stop, you know, just in case he tried anything dodgy.

If I continue telling this story, we'd be here for days. So the key events of the day were:
  • Drunkard
  • Met this cool Saudi Arabian kid, he told be to throw his hoody to him whilst he was in the tree.
  • Trapped hoody in some branches high up
  • Finally climbed a tree
  • Skateboarding
  • Life flashes in front of eyes as I almost fall of the skateboard
Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” 
― Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment