Sunday 7 September 2014

Pet peeves: Update

Hey guys,

I am really starting to like the centre alignment style. Anyway, let's not get distracted...

Something I've noticed is that I tend to remember to give a 'Pet peeves: Update' when I've been deeply irritated/annoyed about something or by someone. Today is different though. There has been nothing to annoy me, this could be because I slept around two in the morning and woke up around nine in the evening, so there hasn't been enough time for anything interesting to occur. 
The only reason I remembered that I haven't done this in a long time was because I was going through some of my old posts (you know, just taking a trip down memory lane, correcting the odd spelling mistake or grammatical error) and I knew that some of the things have changed e.g. Pigeons. I'm not saying that I'm now a pigeon lover and I go to the pond with a bucket-full of bread crumbs to feed them with. No. I'm just saying that seeing the odd bird doesn't annoy me as much as it did before. 





  • People sneezing in public
  • When you offer someone some if they want something you're about to cook and they decline, waiting until you've made it before they ask for some
  • People coughing in public
  • When I smudge my nail polish before it gets a chance to dry
  • When people are loud for no reason
  • When people go into my room and move my stuff around without my permission
  • People who don't cover their mouth while yawning
  • When people are disrespectful to bus drivers
  • When people get too clingy
  • Pigeons.
  • Blowing your nose in public
  • When people breathe on me (goes hand in hand with personal space)
  • Slugs
  • When people Speak with their mouth full
  • Chewing gum with your mouth open
  • Excess chewing noises
  • Buzzing (made by Bees and Flys)
  • Drivers who don't use a turn signal. (when you're trying to cross the road, so they almost run you over)
  • Lagging (TV/Videos)
  • When the people sitting behind me kick my chair
  • Feeling Gum Under the Desk
  • People who read out loud what they're typing in an email or reading a book.
  • People who sit next to you on public transportation when there are other seats available
  • People who prolong class by asking stupid questions. 
  • Whenever anyone says "Ya, know what I'm sayin?"... when they haven't even said anything
  • The use of "like" as a filler
  • When a person makes a sucking noise with a straw when the cup is empty
  • People who chew with their mouth open
  • Girls who insist on sitting with their legs open when wearing skirts/dresses
  • People who ride their bikes in the road when a sidewalk is right there
  • When you open the DVD case and it is empty or a different movie is in it 
  • People who don't cover their mouth while sneezing or coughing
  • Dirty dishes in the sink that I have to wash, when I didn't even cause them
  • When something I've been into for a long time becomes popular
  • People who clear their throats in a disgusting way 
  • People that pop and smack their chewing gum 
  • People who spit on the side-walk
  • When people leave the cap off the toothpaste (I get paranoid that something crawled into it)
  • Relying on someone else to take a picture because I want to be in it, and it ends up coming out off-centred and out-of-focus
  • People who leave the door open when they go to the bathroom
  • When you're eating something and a person steals a little piece of it
  • When people touch my face
  • Being forced to say "I miss you too" to family members on the phone (when I'm not in the mood)
  • When I wake up and my phone is on 1% 
  • When someone comes into my room and doesn't leave the door and the light how they found it
  • When I have a unique idea and the teacher shared it with the class
  • Anything patronizing
  • When I plug my phone in to charge but forget to switch the socket on
  • When the teacher/librarian singles you out for talking when the rest of the room sounds like a zoo


  • Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
    Hmm...HMM..

    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” 

    ― Oscar Wilde

    No comments:

    Post a Comment