Friday 31 October 2014

H..H-halloweennn

Hey guys,

For those of you celebrating/who celebrated Halloween... Happy Halloween!

I've personally never really celebrated Halloween, unless you count the one time my parents allowed me to attend a Halloween party with their co-workers' children. 
So, judging by my above statement, you can guess that I normally don't go out on Halloween night. The weird thing is that I don't stay at home because I'm not allowed to go out or anything, I just personally chose not to go out.
It's really weird, but I always Imagine someone wearing the Scream mask, jumping out of the bushes and chasing me down the street. 
Yes I know, it's highly unrealistic, but that's just me. 
My theory is that I get slightly paranoid about stuff like that because I watched way too many horror movies as a kid and now I'm just letting my imagination run a little too wild. 
For example, I can't get on a train without imagining that scene from final destination when the train basically explodes. is anyone else familiar with that scene?

Moving on, today I had to hand in an art assignment  (that was due) at Ravensbourne (around the O2 arena), before my friend Zoe and I went to our friend Mayas' house to watch scary movies. 
Knowing my luck, things didn't really go as planned. I was supposed to get to Ravensbourne around 3:30pm so I could make it in time for the movie at 4:30pm, but just my luck! I ended up waiting on the bus in traffic for an hour and a half on my way to the o2, so I ended up handing my work in around 5:35pm. Then we took a train headed to Mayas' house, which was faster than the bus and traffic, but also quite long considering the fact that we had to get off the train to take the bus (directly to her house) for a couple of stops. 
After the train ride we were exhausted, hungry and tired, and as you know from all my other 'hunger-whilst-out-with-zoe' stories,we found a solution. 
Trick or Treating. 
We only went to one house, which was a couple of blocks away from Mayas house. 
A woman dressed as a witch opened the door, but was very reluctant to give us any candy because we weren't wearing costumes, so Zoe and I just kept on rambling on about how we were dressed as 'your average teenagers' until she eventually gave in.

It turns out that the lady we trick or treated, was friends with Mayas parents and had made plans to have dinner at their house. So about half way into the movie, a woman in a witch costume walks in and says "ohh it's you two" thinking it was Mayas mum, I responded with a puzzled look (we were watching a witch-based movie and I assumed Mayas mum was attempting to scare us), but when the woman continued "The two without costumes" the realisation of who it was hit me and I just sat there frozen. Staring at her with what I'm now hoping was shock and amusement, as opposed to creepy and weird.
I forgot the name of the movie we watched, but I do remember that it was made somewhere around june 1999. I also can't seem to remember much of the movie as a whole as we sat down the whole time either laughing at the poor acting in movie, or talking over it.

Anywhoo, if you celebrated Halloween, comment below what you went dressed as

Disclaimer: Maya finally bought me my skateboard! -Although it was supposed to be my 15th birthday present (she was seven months late) but the wait was totally worth it.

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

On Halloween, the parents sent their kids out looking like me.
Rodney Dangerfield


No comments:

Post a Comment