Sunday 30 November 2014

Mockingjay Part 1

Hey guys, 

Yesterday, after attending the weekly National Saturday Art Club, I went to watch The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 with a couple of friends.
Before I even tell you my opinions on the movie, can I just ask...

Are you Team Gale, or Team Peeta?

If your answer is Gale, I applaud you.


I'm usually not a huge fan of the franchise, but this question just annoyed me soo much, I started to get into it (if that makes any sense).
I am just really baffled by the people who ship Peeta and Katniss. I mean, I do understand how nice and thoughtful it was for him to throw her the bread and all, but think about it. Peeta, a stranger at the time, performed a random act of kindness, but then you have Gale. Her best friend, the guy who has been there for her through thick and thin. The guy who helps her look after her family and the guy who constantly performs acts of kindness. Surely it's only fair that they end up being together.

The movie was only fairly entertaining. 
I must admit, there were a few scenes that had me in hysterics and two scenes in particular that almost had me shed a tear (without trying to give anything away, it was the scene where Peeta warns her and the very last scene of him/ the last scene) but I can't help but think of it as a 'filler' movie. Just to throw in all of the boring drama before the actual action begins in Part 2. 

I think the people who were in the cinema found me very annoying as, during the majority of the scenes they found touching and/or sad, I was laughing. I don't really want to specify any scenes because I might give something away, and spoilers are the one thing I hate the most when regarding movies/books.

I'm still unsure at whether I think watching the movie at the cinema was a waste of money or not, but right now, I belive it was worth it.  
This is because the cinema experience alone was amazing. That's just something you can't recreate at home. For example, during one of the silent points in the movie, someone at the back of the room attempted to do the mockinjay whistle, but failed miserably. That was followed by a short pause -where you would literally be able to hear a pin drop- then the entire cinema simultaneously erupted in laughter. That was hilarious.

If you have watched the Film:

What was your favourite scene?
Were there any scenes that made you laugh or cry?
Where there any funny/awkward moments in your cinema experience? If so, what was it?

Another quick question. 

Is it just me, or does Prim look a little like Shailene Woodley in some scenes?

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

“Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!” 
― Suzanne CollinsMockingjay



P.S. My favourite part of the movie was when Katniss started singing the 'Falling Tree' song and the scenes that followed soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment