Wednesday 3 December 2014

Christmas for me...

Hey guys,


Christmas means a lot of different things to a lot of people. 
For some, it means finally breaking away from work and getting the chance to be with the family and friends, for others (such as soldiers) it may mean getting to stop fighting and come together as one, and I'm sure that the holiday means a lot of different things for you and for me.

My personal idea of Christmas is the following:

1.Bonding with my friends and family.

2. Snow! It occasionally snows in London around this time of year, and I love it because there's nothing better than sitting around the television watching Christmas movies and sipping on hot coco with the family after a having a huge snowball fight. 

3. Decorating the Christmas tree. This is a perfect bonding opportunity, where everyone can go crazy with fairy lights and little Christmas ornaments, but I think the best part of this is putting the star on the very top of the tree.

4. Christmas crackers! I've never passed up an opportunity to pull a Christmas cracker, despite the funny, yet corny jokes

5. Secret Santa... although searching for and buying the perfect present on a budget, is very hard, it's always fun trying to guess who got each other what. 
This year, I'm doing a secret Santa with my friends, but I have no idea what to get the person I picked (help!). 

6. Christmas posts. I love how social media suddenly transforms at this time of year! Youtubers are vlogging, bloggers are blogging, twitter is buzzing etc etc and there's just soo much happy Christmas buzz being spread it's unbelievable!

7. Christmas dinner is always a delicious feast, although I'm not quite sure how it'll be this year considering the fact that  this will be my very first vegetarian Christmas.

8. The Christmas spirit. 

Everyone, even the most grumpy of people are jolly and somehow everybody manages to get along with each other at this time of the year.

9. Being together as a family, I love seeing everybody that sometimes you only ever see at Christmas or birthday celebrations.

10. Receiving gifts from friends and family.

11. Christmas Shopping! The Christmas/Boxing day sales are always the best!


If you do celebrate Christmas:

What gets you the most excited about Christmas?
Who do you enjoy spending the holiday with?

Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
Hmm...HMM..


Christmas... is not an external event at all, but a piece of one's home that one carries in one's heart.
Freya Stark

No comments:

Post a Comment