Thursday 25 June 2015

Update: Pet Peeves list June

Hey guys,


Burping, Sneezing, Farting, Hiccups
Yes. Out of context the above listed things do sound utterly gross or possibly just odd, but it leads me to this...

One of my utmost favourite reoccurring posts to blog about is without a doubt my Pet Peeves list.
Every now and again when something or someone in my life tires me to the point in which I remember that a pet peeve list update is necessary I post an updated copy of my Pet Peeves list. I'm not sure why, but recreating this list makes me feel as if I get a chance to discover a little tiny piece more of myself as I unravel the growing number things that makes me tick.

The definition Google provides of the phrase 'Pet Peeve' is:
Something that a particular person finds especially annoying.

In my case, this just happens to be an exceptionally lengthy list of things.

The thing is, in most of the below circumstances, I don't really seem to notice that the action is getting on my nerves. I just happen to find myself in a dimmer mood than I was in before the action started, so when I'm updating my list, I'm really just looking back on certain situations and realising why I got into a sour mood. Although half the time I don't even let the person know how I'm feeling, I just kind of drown in my irritation until I escape (as weird and psychotic as that sounds).

Anywhoo..
I present my 2015 updated Pet Peeves list:


  • When people ignore homeless people. It's rude
  • Seeing people litter
  • When you offer someone some if they want something you're about to cook and they decline, waiting until you've made it before they ask for some
  • When I smudge my nail polish before it gets a chance to dry
  • When people are loud for no reason
  • When people go into my room and move my stuff around without my permission
  • When people are disrespectful to bus drivers
  • Pigeons.
  • When people Speak with their mouth full
  • Chewing gum with your mouth open
  • Excess chewing noises
  • Buzzing (made by Bees and Flys)
  • Drivers who don't use a turn signal. (when you're trying to cross the road, so they almost run you over)
  • Lagging (TV/Videos)
  • When the people sitting behind me kick my chair
  • Feeling Gum Under the Desk
  • People who read out loud what they're typing in an email or reading a book.
  • People who chew with their mouth open
  • People who ride their bikes in the road and cause traffic when I'm in a rush
  • When you open the DVD case and it is empty or a different movie is in it 
  • People who don't cover their mouth while sneezing or coughing (I just find it inconsiderate for those around them who have to inhale their germs)
  • Waking up to dirty dishes in the sink that I have to wash, when I didn't cause them
  • People who clear their throats in a disgusting way (when you can hear the phloem and whatnot brewing in there)
  • People who spit on the street
  • When people leave the cap off the toothpaste (I get paranoid that something crawled into it)
  • Relying on someone else to take a picture because I want to be in it, and it ends up coming out off-centred and out-of-focus
  • When I wake up and my phone is on 1% because I forgot to plug it in
  • When someone comes into my room and doesn't leave the door and the light how they found it
  • When I have a unique idea and the teacher shared it with the class
  • Sleeping through my alarm or someone snoozes my alarm before I get the chance to wake up


  • Surprisingly this list is shorter than it usually is. And full of more important things than usual, this either means that I'm growing up or I've just become a more tolerable person. Either way, I guess this is a win for me and a win for humanity as they now do less to agitate me.

    Is there anything in particular that makes you tick? If so, what?
    It could even be people who blog about their pet peeves
    ...Wouldn't that be awkward...

    Anyway, I've got another quote and picture for you all,
    Hmm...HMM..

    “I don't have pet peeves like some people. I have whole kennels of irritation.”


    ― Whoopi Goldberg

    No comments:

    Post a Comment