Thursday 14 January 2016

January/December haul



Hey guys,

 (All images featured in today's post have been taken from my Instagram page @Trustinjess)

The holidays have a very rare talent of bringing together the three main things I love the most. Shopping, family and friends.

One thing I'm sure we can all agree with is that nothing cleanses our minds in the midst of all the school work and pressure from our jobs better than a little retail therapy.

I have spent the greater portion of the last two months attempting to purchase everything on my 2015 shopping wishlist -thankfully I am almost halfway through it.
Listing every individual purchase I have made since the beginning of the holiday period could be too tedious to read, so I thought it would be a good idea to list my most recent purchases of 2016. I will do a complete haul once I've succeeded in purchasing everything on my wishlist.

Item #1


One of my most recently purchased items is this non-wired lace Bra from H&M for £6.99. I'm usually not one to buy into trends, but I saw quite a few images similar to this on instagram, and thought "why not?" There doesn't always have to be a particular reason behind purchasing something. What can I say? Spontaneity is key. 

Item #2


This bucket bag I purchased from Zara £23 (on sale) but if I remember correctly, the full price is £30. I am so happy to have finally found a bucket bag! Yup won't believe me if I told you I have been searching for one of these for just under seven months. In a way, I am very happy that it took me this long to buy one because I feel like I've changed so much as a person since the start of summer. Now what does this have to do with a bag? Everything. My point is that in the moment, you might want something so badly that you may rush into buying it, but sometimes I think that taking a step back to evaluate whether you actually want that particular style or colour of an item could make a huge difference. For example, when the bucket bag first appeared on my wishlist, I wanted it to be a camel/tan shade, despite the fact that I never wear that colour. Had I purchased the bag when I wanted to, it would most likely be collecting dust somewhere at the back of my closet.

Item #3

My OOTD

I purchased this pair of black dungarees from Topshop £58. This, like my bucket bag has been on my shopping wishlist for a ridiculously long time. I originally had my eyes on a similar pair of dungarees from Urban outfitters (I think that was £60), but then found this pair on sale at topshop and knew that I had to purchase it £30. I think I've adopted the bad habit of purchasing something just because it is on sale regulars less of how little I am saving.

This outfit consists of  all white Adidas originals £70, a pair of Topshop black dungarees £58, a striped black high-necked top from Primark (which was an old birthday gift that I would estimate was priced around £6-8)

Item #4 


These are a pair of size 6, black leather platform shoes from Office (http://www.office.co.uk/) originally priced at £68. This was the best purchase in my opinion. I remember being in Topshopshopping for school shoes with my friend Kayleigh when this pair of shoes caught my eye. I picked them up, checked the price and brought out £80 to purchase them. When I had gotten to the till the woman processed them then asked for £38. There is literally no better way of shopping than unknowingly buying an item on sale. 
(Mini review)
I have been wearing these shoes to school for the past week and my experience with them is overall quite positive.  I would say, despite being a leather shoe the interior is very comfortable -although I do have trouble with when I wear ankle socks as they repeatedly  ride down as I walk.

Item #5
My OOTW

The above photo is an example of the type of outfits I wear to school. We are encouraged to wear "business attire" but I have seen many people getting away with  wearing smart-casual attire, so I thought I'd join in.

The necklace is from forever 21 £4.50, black trousers from H&M £7.99, Black bomber jacket from Zara £40, Pull & Bear striped shirt £13

(Just in case you hadn't noticed) I did purchase some of these items on sale, so I've put down the original price just in case you're interested in buying them and they are no longer on sale

Anyway, I've got another quote for you all,
Hmm...HMM..

I went window shopping today! I bought four windows.
Tommy Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment